So here it is Day 2 of @Bloggernurse #30DayChallenge for NHS Horizons changing perceptions of nursing and midwifery
20 things about me…this was actually way harder to write than I anticipated…
- I have worked in healthcare since I was 16, but I never had a clue or an intention of becoming a nurse, you may not end up where you thought you’d be, but you will end up where you are supposed to be. ❤
- I am due to get married next year, I hate wedding dress shopping and the fuss that comes with being a bride, despite being a rather eccentric individual I am actually quite down to earth and chill. I just want to marry my partner at the end of the day. Saying that I do have 16 bridesmaids and bridesman so who am I kidding? (4 of them are also nurses! ❤ )
- Sometimes I go to the cinema just to buy ice-cream with my discount code, no shame.
- When I was younger I wanted to be an actor, then I started doing film and television work for a while, but I just felt like I was being so fake all the time, so I decided that wasn’t for me at all. I wanted to use drama to help people, one of my long-term goals is still is to become a dramatherapist, I know that nursing will only help me in being a better arts therapist in the future.
- My favourite place on earth in my family’s meadow, I love to be outdoors and around nature, if I could, I would be in nature more and all year round. I would LOVE to be self-sustaining.
- I am a cakeoholic, I am always looking for new and exciting flavours. (recommendations welcomed).
- I used to voice over for a very popular cartoon network children’s program.
- I was selected as a student parliamentary leader in 2017, it’s never too late to get into something new, I only got truly interested in politics when I started nursing, because it affects so much of what we do, I think it’s vital for nurses to be politically aware.
- Family means everything to me: I have 2 brothers, one older and one younger – both are two of my best mates couldn’t imagine a life without them irritating me 24/7. My mum and dad are my closest friends, they are the humans I look up to and I know they would always do anything to help me.
- I have a previous degree in Drama & Performance from the University of Worcester
- I LOVE to drink cups of tea!
- I appear very strong and confident, but I’m actually very sensitive and hugely self-doubting. (looks like the acting did pay off).
- I have met and sang for the Queen of England.
- I like to lead a team by encouraging collective leadership.
- I got a 1st in my Nursing degree and I have server dyslexia and dyspraxia- determination is EVERYTHING! In fact, I got a better classification in my nursing, a science degree! than in my arts degree which I always thought I was good at!? In fact, I got a D in science at school.
- I love Llamas and Alpacas in every single way and I think they are the most majestic animals that walk this earth, I would love to have my own llama farm.
- I’ve nursed abroad in Sri Lanka and I am planning to nurse abroad again.
- I speak some Hungarian, I am still learning a lot, it’s a very complicated language! I am also learning sign now.
- I have a tortoise called Rukia Rocket.
- I am writing a book, two in fact…both nursing related.